Monday, September 22, 2008

The beginning

A very good place to start.
So this is the vibe; i am competing in Strictly Come Dancing Season 5. Yes, that's right, i am going to be cha-cha-cha-ing up a storm on national television in all my spandex, sequined, puffy sleeved glory. So that's the vibe.
My partner is none other than the glorious Mary Martin who has represented SA as a dancer and who has also appeared in three previous season of Strictly. I think we rock together. She has a great sense of humour, a great work ethic and and even greater whip which she has no problem cracking when i slack off.
We have been rehearsing between three to five hours a day, six days a week for about four weeks now(on and off) and my belly has shrunk while my feet have swollen and bled. Seriously, i had no idea what i was getting myself into. The pain, oh my word the pain. But i can safely say with a great deal of pride that i can almost waltz now. How rad is that? Oh and i've seen people jive. On a video. Madness.
I am going to be documenting my rehearslas and the whole crazy process on this blog and keep you all updated.
Apparently it doesnt matter how well you dance if you dont have the votes so here i am saying vote for me. No really. Vote for meeeeee!!!! Tell everyone and tell them to vote as well. The show airs on Thursday Oct 2nd. So soon and so much dancing to come. So hold on tight cos i am bringing the cheese and the glitter. Cheesy glitter. Awesome.

1 comment:

tam said...

So its official. Oh Lordy me this is going to be a huge amount of hilarity. Good luck Mr Rob, and if you need anyone to sew on your sequins....

ask wardrobe.